THE NEW CROSS EMPIRE

london-footprints.co.uk

This was designed by the noted theatre architect Frank Matcham and opened in July 1899.
It seated 2000 and staged mainly variety shows.
It closed in the 1950s and was subsequently demolished.
A car wash now occupies the site in New Cross Road.

Location Photographs Music Halls
Programme 1913 Prices & small print 1913 Advertisements 1913
Memories   Frank Matcham Society

 

london-footprints.co.uk 2008

[articles list]