Isle of Dogs

 

 

Storm Water Pumping Station

london-footprints.co.uk

  Isle House, Coldharbour


The east route begins at Blackwall and finishes at Island Gardens. The west route begins at Island Gardens and finishes at Heron Quays (all DLR stations.
Travelcard zone 2
Prior to the Industrial Revolution the Isle of Dogs was underpopulated, marshy farmland. However after the opening of the West India Docks in 1802 it became a centre of commerce & industry. The regeneration started by the LDDC, which followed the post-war dock closures, continues.


On the west route lunches are available at The Space
On the east route there are cafes at the ASDA Store at Crossharbour and Mudchute Farm. There is a small cafe at Island Gardens.


The west route is 3 miles and the east route 4 miles. Path & pavement walking (excl. farm) The west route looks at pre WWII features and buildings.
The east route takes in new developments but also the historic parts of the area that remain. There is some overlap.
[West Route] [East Route]

[Additional Information]

[walks list]